Paweł Lisiak, a graduate of the Faculty of Architecture of the Wrocław University of Science and Technology, won the main prize in the national competition for the best diploma theses organized by the Association of Polish Architects. Three other graduates of the University of Science and Technology were also awarded.
The winning work is a design of a sacred building in the former German torpedo storage Babie Doły (Torpedenwaffenplatz Hexengrund) from 1942. It would become a home for the Franciscan Order. The monastery and its accompanying facilities would be built from plastic blocks produced on site from waste collected on the beach and at sea.
In the competition for the Zbyszek Zawistowski Prize of the Association of Polish Architects, three graduates of the University of Technology were also awarded: Zuzanna Robutka for the project “Socratic Dialogue Center”, Alicja Sienkiewicz for the work “The potential of the binder. Supplementing the existing urban and social structure on the example of Rome” and Adriana Sowa for “Herbarium in Wrocław”.